[TechAssist] Re: Networking question(off topic)...

  • From: "OrpheusComputing.com Repair" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:45:15 -0500

Using a hub, yes, but not necessary with a router (more
accurately called a "gateway router").  On all computers over
here, the 'gateway' area in the networking folder (network
neighborhood) must be left blank and all are set to 'obtain
an IP address automatically'.
-Clint

God Bless Us All
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com
http://Computer-Hardware-Sales-Consumer-Electronics-Sales.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 775-254-3030
TechAssist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (alternates)
orpheuscomputing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(PLEASE include our previous correspondence
if replying to this email!!)