[TechAssist] Re: Networking question(off topic)...

  • From: "Video Clinic-Pana" <videoclinicpana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:01:15 -0500

I have two computers and use a hub.  this works quite well for us . we can
both surf the net at the same time and there is only a barely noticeable
slowdown. apparently the bandwidth is ok and is enuf to allow both cpu's to
work without the slowdown you are mentioning.  It is measurable i'm sure,
but insignificant. one is a 300mhz pii and the other is a 400celeron.  As
far as all the ip address setting,  that is taken care of by win ME and is
not necesary to fool with.  you just go thru setup and id one as the host
and the other as slave or what ever terminology your comfortable with. i
name the network home and give each cpu a name. no muss no fuss

roy aka videoclinicpana@xxxxxxxxx