[TechAssist] Networking question(off topic)...

  • From: "Terry H." <tvdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:37:24 -0500

Silly as it sounds, I've never networked two computers before, and have the
chance to do so now. The one in the shop is older but has Win.98 and mine
upstairs has XP. Before I start stringing Cat5 cable everywhere, Is there going
to be a problem running the two together and will I need a crossover cable
since I'm not using a hub? Thanks for any input.
Terry H.

SUBJECT field to the address above.