[TechAssist] Re: Need to Know

  • From: Edvin E Weickum <edandroy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:35:07 -0800

Hello Jerry H.

CCIR stands for:
CCIR is The acronym of Committee Consultatif International des Radio
Communications , and also the standard of Television and B&W signal
transmission system.
In English, It stands for the International Radio Consultative Committee.
(In general, NTSC, PAL, SECAM are the standard of color signal system,
EIA and CCIR are the one of B&W signal system, sometimes, the merit of
EIA is adopted in color ccd camera, CCIR and EIA was initially invented
as monochrome siganl standard, commonly CCIR is used as monochrome signal
standard in PAL countries )
(http://www.cctvbank.com/english/cdic-eng/cdic-ccir-eng.htm) Also See :
http://www.itu.int/publications/itur.html

Hope this Helps you.