[TechAssist] Need some help on....JVC XL-MV303 (edited)

  • From: Quality Video Service <BTSteve@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TechAssist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:15:01 -0600

On this unit, disc drawer 1 hangs and goes in sort of rough. (When it
cam to me, it was jammed closed)
I have swapped the drawers around, so I know it's not the drawer.
I need ( I think) is what I would call a gear stack assy... it's on the
left hand side
of the mechanical assy and it's what moves the trays in and out of the
unit. It has 6 gears at the top of the assy and one on the bottom that
moves up or down to engaged the correct gear to move the corresponding
tray.
I looked on Tritronics website, and the service manual is no longer
available... <sigh>
Not sure even if this will fix the unit.... disc tray #1 hangs....
If ANYONE has had any experience with these units, please advise me.
Customer needs the unit ASAP! (karaoke DJ)
We've look at a few websites, one offers a "loading assy worm gear" but
I can't see any wear on the one in the unit.
I could really use a service manual showing the mechanical views and
part list! or a swift kick in the right direction!
Thanks....
Steve Rumel
Quality Video Service
Professional Service For You Audio and Video Equipment
7008 Long Point
Houston, Texas