[TechAssist] Re: Need some help on a Sony KV-32XBR400

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:36:11 -0500

Damon;
That all makes sense to me. I don't presume it was a Vertical Failure, since
he left it running for 2 months. and never mentioned a vertical problem.
I suspect it will end up in the "start/run" section such as Regulator. But
since I'm asking...and not helping..all scenarios will work.

As I mentioned...this set has way too much circuitry, for my liking. I have
pulled the Deflection board, gone over it with a Magnifier, and all look OK.
Resoldered anything "questionable"..to no avail.

Sony has always been my weak point, till I started with TechAssist, and
found Tech's that see them on a regular basis, the "Beast" was fixable.

How many manufacturers take the trouble to defeat the "Video" with an I-K
circuit, so if the CRT becomes "questionable" cut the Video.

Good for Sony...Bad for the Customer. (And the Technician).

This set was manufactured in 2000, and presume it's going to be a
"Regulator" "Cap" problem...but I'm searching for "expertise".

Not much on this set...in Winstips, Jeff's Database, or a couple of other
Databases I use.

-Ed-

"Seasons Greetings" .. " Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" has worked
for years. Still works for me.

Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada

teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx