[TechAssist] Re: Need info on tool company

  • From: Bill Boyd <billstvs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:00:01 -0600

Here is my original posts on the subject:

This is a heads up for those who are interested in a hydraulic table cart.
Cummins Tools, the traveling tool sellers, have a 660 lbs cart for $99.99.
This past Sunday they had a one day sale at our Civic Center. I purchased one.
The picture in the flyer they mail out prior to the sale  looks like the
1100 lb model
that Harbor Freight has but that is not the actual one they have for sale.
Its painted
blue and not orange and it is lowered by a foot control.

Over a year ago I purchased the $99 special from Harbor Freight.
I have been very pleased with it except for a few annoyances. One being
the lowering mechanism. If you don't start with the table at the top it is
very hard
to control the lowering speed to prevent he table from slamming down. I
added some
rubber bumpers to help cushion the landing. The foot control on the new one
works
very smooth from any height. The only draw back is the foot pedal that
raises it sticks
out quite a bit.

Here are the specs:

Harbor Freight
Capacity: 330 lbs
Table: 17 3/4" X 27 1/2"
Lowered height: 8 5/8"  (with added rubber bumpers)
Raised height: 26 1/2"
Weight: 89 lbs

Cummins Tools
Capacity: 660 lbs
Table: 19 11/16" X 31 3/4"
Lowered height: 11"
Raised height: 29"
Weight: 123 lbs

Bill
Bill's TV Service
Sulphur Springs, TX

Cummins Tools is a traveling tool seller. They go from town to town and hold
one or two day sales. They also have a website but the cart is not listed
there.
www.cumminstools.com
You could email them and ask when they are going to be in your area
or ask if the cart is available directly. Item number 3437

Bill
Bill's TV Service
Sulphur Springs, TX

As someone else posted the price has gone up .

>Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:35:40 -0700
>From: Hugh at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [TechAssist] Need info on tool company

>Some time ago someone on this list told about a hyd. lift from a company
>that travels around state to state with tools.
>This was a lifting device on wheels with hyd. lift that sold for about
>$100,  I lost the company name so I can call them
>and see when they will be in my state-or have them ship me one.
>
>--
>Hugh Thornley
>Main TV
>636 Main St.