[TechAssist] Re: Need info on Panasonic DLP PT-52DL10

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:21:38 -0400

I know a local tech that had a similar issue with a samsung DLP this
year. He replaced the lamp assy and the "ballast transformer" assy as
well.
Of course this was under warranty and Samsung sent both.
Phil Bader

Hugh at Main TV wrote:

> Have set in shop -think lamp is bad-customer got no indication of bad
> lamp on screen before set went dark.
> Red "lamp" LED comes on on front of set --no lite on screen.  Is there
> any way to test the lamp?  $400 is alot to pay
> and then find out other trouble caused no lite from lamp. And how about
> the HV power supply to the lamp--how to test this.
>  Ordered manual from Panasonic, just curious about lamp.
> This is the first DLP projection set we have seen.
>
> --
> Hugh Thornley
> Main TV
> 636 Main St.
> Longmont, Colorado 80501
> 303-776-6955
> maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx

> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Professional Technicians Only

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!