[TechAssist] Re: Need advice from engineering folks.

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 14:23:12 -0400

Walt,

 As you may recall , I have a pro sound company and do these type of events
all the time.  We require a 50A single phase drop at the stage area ( Just
like your home oven ).  2 legs of 110V with neutral and ground.

 We have our own distro that hooks into this.......which is basically a
breaker panel with a 50 range plug that feeds it.

Our early years of doing this , we had the panel mounted to a large plywood
panel with AC outlets mounted to the board.......with a small breaker panel
you do typically 8 separate 20Amp lines.  a few of our amps require 30A and
40A for reliable/full output power.

Our distro is now mounted in a nice rack with the breakers on the front and
the outlets on the back

 The light guys have to fend for themselves.........our power is NOT for
them.

Having the stage setup using this distro insures everyone has good clean
power and is on the same power phases which prevents ground problems.

You can build a basic distro for about $200

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413