[TechAssist] Re: Need a print and parts list for a PTV711 chassis (philips/mag)

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:11:35 -0400

Doug, I have the paper schematics for that. They are shown as PTV700 thru
725. The subscription at that time was on microfiche, but they gave us paper
schematics to use on the bench. So all the part numbers are on microfiche
and I have not found a way to convert that to something I can look at on the
computer. Even the best photo scanner I have will not reproduce something
from the microfiche that is readable on the screen. I have tried taking a
digital photo of the screen on the fiche reader, but it isn't clear either.
If I had a fiche reader/printer that would get me a print that I could scan
but they cost too much for the few times I wanted to print something. I
could always go to the library and use theirs for 10 cents a copy.

Tell me what section you need and I can scan and send a jpeg.
I think a pdf would be smaller but I don't know if I can turn a scan into a
pdf file.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH