[TechAssist] Re: Need Triac BT137-500D

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:30:37 -0500

I had the same situation a few months ago with a touch lamp which used
that same BT137 triac. I remember ordering a "sensitive gate triac" from
Digikey and it didn't work the touch lamp. Then next time I ordered, I
ordered a "logic triac" Digikey part number L6008L6-ND and this solved
the problem.
You can go to the Digikey web site and search for the part number, then
click on the data sheet to get the specs if you wish.

Hope this helps.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4
Fax: (519)821-1530
email: gary (at) number63.ca

gulftech@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Techs,
>
> I need a Triac for a lamp controller (my own).  Generic #BT137-500D.
> Crosses to NTE56051.  Tritronics could not help me.
>
> Ken Smith
> Gulf Technical Services
> 3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
> Gulf Breeze, FL  32563