[TechAssist] Re: Need Sony Salvage Unit

  • From: Doug Keller <dek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:53:10 -0500

I'd still make him prove it. I don't see how you can lose if
he has no claim check or cancelled check or anything. Just
because "he says so" don't make it so.
Doug

mark brock wrote:

> I agree:   I think he either lost it in route to the shop or took it
> somewhere else , but  since he's went as far as litigation,  ( he's hired a
> lawyer who has sent me a letter ) I assume that less than 500 bucks would be
> small claims, but still would cost me something plus my business name in the
> paper,  etc.    I've been going round and round with him for several months
> but its coming to a head..  thats the reason for the plea for help.  I'll
> probably end up just paying him off.  I wonder where the burden of proof
> lies in a case like this.. how would the judge rule ?  I would think it was
> his responsibility to ask for proof when he drops something off,    thats
> the reason for our claim checks that everyone is supposed to get....  oh
> well its a first here so guess after 15 years I'm lucky
> brock

Doug Keller          "Learn from the mistakes of others,
Wis-Kel Electronics   because you won't live long enough
101 Freeland Ave.     to make them all yourself"
Terra Alta, WV
USA        26764
dek@xxxxxxxxxx
Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: