[TechAssist] Re: Need SERVICE CODES for New Panasonic PTV/Convergence Problems

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:58:37 -0500

That's online at Panasonic too, I just had to download a section for
alignment.

BTW on my job, after adjustment of convergence, extreme left and right
lines/dots are bigger in size than center dots and about 2/3 of entire
screen is tight . Adjusted Lens Focus and Electrical Focus....even attempted
to balance inside and outside.....but the green flares outwards and shows up
on sattelite banners. That's one of the problems the cust is complaining
about......other techs installed new green crt, I ASS-U-MEd they had done
the magnetic rings on the SVM yoke, which is similar to Sony's design. Does
this alignment force the outside lines to thin out?? 'Cuz it looks like this
PTV needs some work on the Dynamic Focus.....and it does have that. But
yanking one tube wouldn't cause that to change....maybe its been there all
along.

Anybody had flaring on Panasonic? I've had it on Sony too, but not as
dramatic. I've never found an answer to this problem and would like some
experts that align the convergence to answer this.

TIA
Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815