[TechAssist] Nec monitor model jc-2002vma-1 (dead)

  • From: don trippel <dtrippel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:56:12 -0700

Hi guys!

I am working on a nec jc-2002vma-1 monitor. The monitor came in dead,
q560 the deflection transistor #hpa150r4 was shorted along with q5p0 a
fet transistor. I replaced both. The hot is still good. I have never run
across this setup before , the hpa150r4 is rated at 25amps and quite
expensive. The problem is now with the horizontal yoke attached the set
draws over 2 amps of current. I did a ring test on the yoke and it
passed. I would like to think the ring test is reliable, but I can't
find any other failed components in the circuit. Any help on this one
would be appreciated. Thanks!

Don Trippel
Don's Electronics
Rosthern, Sask