[TechAssist] Re: NESDA bashing?

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:55:04 -0500

Russ,

Who's roasting NESDA?
You should join and find out about it.
I'm like you, I check it out, if I'm not "feeling it" , I'm gone.
I WAS a member from time to time over the years. I never was a member
for two consecutive years.
At this point, I can say it's not for me and I will never "check in" again.

You, on the other hand might find it to be the best thing thats ever
happened to you. There are MANY, MANY
folks who will defend NESDA to the death.  Good for them. They
BELIEVE... but I don't get it, never did.
I'm just too much of a skeptic to be a "member in good standing". there.

Allot of guys who aren't ASC's , say that the annual training is worth
the price of membership. As an ASC, however, I've got more training than
I can attend already.

Like they say...Live and let live...To each his own...etc.

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump..."thats all I got to say about
that".  ;-)

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550

"If it doesn't play...
CALL MCVEY !!!!!!"
Factory authorized
service for over 20
major brands.
845 561 8383
(Last of the Mohegans)

Hoyt's TV wrote:
> I don't understand why you guys waste so much time and effort roasting
> NESDA.
> I don't belong because I don't think it would be of much benefit to me since
> I have such a small shop and it seems, getting smaller by the minute. If I
> were 20 to 30 years younger and in the opening stages instead of the closing
> stages of my career, I would probably consider joining. I'm not much of
> joiner but I have, over the past 50 years, joined my share of organizations,
> business and personal. If I don't like an organization, don't feel it
> benefits me in some way, or just don't feel comfortable, I don't re-up.
>
> Twenty or more years ago, the local Chamber of Commerce snared me in a
> membership drive. The owner of the local Chrysler dealership was the one who
> talked me into joining. The first meeting I went to where he was supposed to
> introduce me around as my sponsor, he wasn't even there. All the others were
> bankers, other car dealers, the president of the hospital and similar
> persons who didn't know me or me them. Well I did recognize some of them
> because I had fixed their TVs. The only person in the room I knew well
> enough to have a conversation with was the bartender. I'm sure the CC serves
> some purpose but it wasn't obvious to me and I never went to another
> meeting.
>
> I used to belong to the ETA which had many members from all over the state
> and we had nice dinner meetings, many years ago. The last meeting we
> scheduled there were two of us at restaurant. That was about 15 years ago
> and he has since turned his shop into a "Church Of Who Knows What". So if
> the New Hampshire chapter of the ETA still exists, I guess I'm the only
> member, but no one turned the treasury over to me.
>

> Russ Hoyt
> Hoyt's TV
> Exeter, NH

>>> TechAssist