[TechAssist] Re: NEC LCD computer monitor, model lcd1700v

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:05:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Wayne-Sounds right so far . Can you swap bulbs around to verify?Does
monitor wk OK w/the  2 good bulbs?[1]
Pete
Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings.
I have an NEC 17" LCD computer monitor.
When the set is first turned on the picture comes on for a half second
or less, every time, not intermittant.

There is a power supply which appears to be two parts, mirrored, for the
top and bottom halves of the display.

The output for the bottom half swings about 50KHz 2KV pk-pk pulses when
the display is up. The top half swings about 4KVpk-pk. The inputs to
the top and bottom step up transforms are about the same.

I unloaded the power supply and both the top and bottom outputs swing
about 4KV pk-pk, so I Assume that this means the top lamp (are there two
lamps?) is bad.

Can anyone provide me with any information on this set, including parts
souring and availabilty?
Does my conclusion seem reasonable?

I have not dissassembled the unit enough to see the actual panel itself
'cause I didn't want to break any of those many ribbon cables.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl. 32506-3310