[TechAssist] My first dvd fix (allmost) Zenith software?

  • From: "Lyles Tv" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:33:42 -0600

I have been pretty much fortunate to not have to fix to many dvd's.  Mostly a
buisness decision.  When they came out we knew that they would go the way of
vcr's and cd players--meaning "get real cheap--real quick"  So we don't have
any info on hand.  Now for the problem
Zenith IQDVD2300.  I cannot get the menu to come up so I can check the software
version in it.  The unit will play some DVD's all the way through, but some of
the newer ones will start skipping all ways around 1 hour to 1:15.  only on
certain newer discs.  I lubed the sled rail and cut throat island and test
discs play fine.  but "24 discs allways screw up on the 3 episode on each disc.
 I am assuming it needs to have the eprom flashed, which means replacing it,
but I am guessing.
Thanks for any help.
Jeff
Lyles TV and Appliance