[TechAssist] My final fix on the CTC187 (Excessive Heat on Horizontal O/P)

  • From: "teltek3" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:24:11 -0400

Bob;
Got a fix from Gary McCartney to replace C4306 (.047) and possibly
Horizontal drive transformer. I did that this morning, and the set has
settled down to 64 deg Celsius on my temp probe. Last night it was up to a
100, and that's Celsius, I don't know how the O/P transistor held up, must
be a good one.  But the combination of changing both these parts has settled
my Temperature problem, although still high, I think that's normal for this
set. If the transistor held at 100..I'm sure 65 will be quite comfortable
for the little sucker. Part number for C4306 is 188594 (RCA). By the way the
Horizontal Drive transformer did have a bubble of wax sitting along the side
of it. I originally thought they may have just put some epoxy along side to
secure it, but after it struck me, that wasn't epoxy...it was "wax".
Well...duuuuuuh???? ;-)

Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada
teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx