[TechAssist] Mozilla thunderbird ver1.0. How to back up lots of emails off the PC?]

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:51:25 -0400

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email.It looks and feels like my old
familiar netscape 4.7. It seems better than Outlook express as for
sorting and searching high volumes of my tech emails archived in folders.
I want to be able to drag and drop (copy) the email over to some medium
off the PC like a USB hard drive, DVD,etc. Outlook Express scatters it's
data all over. The old Netscape,I could go to programs, netscape, mail,
users, folders and get the actual mail folders and slide them to a back
up medium. If I wiped the PC HDD clean all I needed do was reload
Netscape, go back to programs, mail, users,etc and reinsert all my
folders back on the HDD and it was all there as before.
I don't see an easy method here.
Any answers to this?
I am terrified I may lose this valuable info. I probably have  several
gigs and more than several hundred thousand emails with a wealth of
fix-info.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader