[TechAssist] Re: Mozilla and Thunderbird Vs natscape: Copying/moving emails from within the search window]

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:20:05 -0500

did you just highlight several in the inbox, or did you do it within the
actual search results window? thats where it doesn't work. I tried it
with Mozilla 1.7 here, and thunderbird on the other PC.Phil Bader

Gary McCartney wrote:

>Phil, I just tried it with both Mozilla 1.75 mail and Thunderbird mail,
>and both allow right-click  copy to.....  operation, even with a number
>of messages highlighted. Something must not be set right on your system.
>

>Gary McCartney
>
>McCartney Electronics
>Guelph Ontario Canada
>Est. 1984
>email: gary (at) number63.ca
>

>Phil Bader wrote:
>

>>A feature that's sorely lacking with Mozilla and thunderbird email is in
>>the email area,when you select Tools, then Search Messages.
>>Then a search window appears, like netscape. Type, say," Fixes" and it
>>searches "fixes" within the inbox,if selected.
>>Now there is a list of, say 25 emails found. I already have made a
>>folder titled "FIXES" where I want to COPY these search results to. Note
>>I say COPY. Not drag, or MOVE.
>>Highlight the first email in the window, then  holding the shift key,the
>>last, selecting all.
>>Here's where the difference is:
>>Now, I have 25 highlighted. In netscape, I would right click the window
>>and a menu of options would appear where I could select "Copy to..." or
>>"move to..."  "fixes" folder. The right click is inactive with
>>Mozilla/Thunderbird here. You must drag those over to the folder and
>>they are no longer also in their original place. You don't always want
>>to MOVE a search result, maybe  just COPY them somewhere. When
>>organising hunreds of forum emails, this is a pain. Why cannot the
>>whizzes who design it write a line of code to do this?
>>Sorry for long post, didn't know how else to explain it.
>>Phil Bader

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx