[TechAssist] Re: Modem configeration problem.

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jorge Camboni <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:21:18 -0700

That's another thing. Almost every single PC I work on is not set up
correctly. Open Windows Explorer and go to View > Folder Options
(in some systems Tools > Folder Options). Or simply find Folder
Options in the Control Panel (some systems).

Then select the VIEW tab (at the top). Make sure to uncheck anything
that says to HIDE, and do select SHOW HIDDEN FILES

It's really bogus that this is not set this way by default. Let people
delete an EXE if they they want (few people would anyway).

When you do a Repair reinstall of Windows you have to go back and do
this again (and disable undesirable services again).

         Bil Green
          PC 1000
  Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546