[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi#VS6017 NO Sound NO Picture NO Filament

  • From: "B R SEARCY" <rohou@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 04:15:45 -0700

Thanks ED
I don't think the Vertical IC was bad ,but that is My frist step in a
Mitsubishi PTV repair,that looks like it's in shut-down.It wasn't in shut-down
it was dead.It is a high failure part [Vert IC] that's cheap change it and
prevent a call-back.
ED ,I did check IC7602 for 4.6v  on pin 1 and it was there .It will help to
know that the mirror was in the transport  position.I looked  at the tubes
again and there it was in nice green letters EXT2.Sometime when you feel like
You are chasing  Your  Tail You over look things.Hooked a VCR to EXT2 jacks and
got a sick picture.Switched to  Ant Sick Picture ,PIP sick Picture .I can bring
UP MENU and get  a good picture .Looks like PIP trouble ,and I can use some
more HELP.
 Bob Searcy
Excellent TV
PH 602 271-4461

From: "Ed Gaidies" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi# VS6017.      NO Sound NO Picture  NO Fila
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:47:05 -0500

You did not mention if you actually needed to replace Vertical O/P IC..but
on the SIGNAL-PCB..Check Pin 1 of IC7602..for 4.6 volts...if low or
missing..replace C7608..(.01ufd/16volts).

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada
"If Apple and Microsoft can talk...why can't the rest of the World?"

teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx