[TechAssist] Mitsubishi cs-3515r shuts off after 5 minutes

  • From: Jon Garver <jongar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:18:57 -0500

Mitsubishi 35" TV Model CS-3515R
Symptoms: Goes off in about 5 minutes. Can't turn back on
                 unless unplugged for awhile.

What's been done: Replaced C5H9 47/50v & Q5H4 2SA933.

Question: Replacing these parts has seemed to fix the "can't
              turn back on" problem but it will still turn off in

              exactly 5 minutes after first being plugged in and
              turned on. Runs fine after turning it back on.

              What am I missing here? Something to do with a
               sleep timer?

Misc.:     I have only the chassis in the shop and I don't have
              the crt adapter socket for that type. I am relying
on
              sound and high voltage measurement only since I
              can't see a picture. No schematic.

Thanks for your time & wishing you a prosperous new year,
Jon

--
Jon Garver
Heritage Television Service