[TechAssist] Mitsubishi WT-42315

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:16:24 -0700

Came-in dead, no click on pressing power and no bump from the SMPS when plugged
in...  Determined problem was in part main board, HOT and FBT shorted as well
as an open diode and a few other problems.  Mits sent complete main board
replacement 930B9090-01, installed and now unit will power-up momentarily
arcing in blue CRT and lighting screen with blue retrace lines then shut down.
I've spent HOURS on the phone just waiting to talk with technical.  At one
point I dialed into technical and set the phone down, forgot it, and went back
to it about an hour later.  Same canned music and recording thanking me for
continuing to hold.
This is a nearly new unit and I suspect the problem is a short in the blue CRT.
 Anyone have anything on this unit with these symptoms?
TIA
Bill
William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member