[TechAssist] Mitsubishi WS-65807 eating convergence modules

  • From: "Ohio Consumer Electronics" <jjlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:58:57 -0500

Hi folks,
Worked on this BS a year and a half ago - the convergence was intermittent.
I replaced the STK392-570 modules.  While I was removing the old ones I
found some leads had come loose from the modules and other ones broke off
easily if I moved them.  When I got the new ones in I found out why - Them
suckers run hot!  If the spec on the modules was 70 deg C. then they were
real close.  The picture on the TV was perfect - both geometry and
convergence so I just figured it was designed that way...
Last fall it fails again - this time the STK's short and take out the
supplies too.  When taking the STK's out I noticed loose leads again.  Got
it working again and as before, perfect picture and the STK's hot as ever.
Customer just stopped by the shop and says it's doing it again.  I thought
it would at least last through the winter - it was in a cool corner.  Anyone
got any thoughts what could be this things problem?  Thanks much!

Joel Jacobs
Ohio Consumer Electronics
Pickerington, Oh