[TechAssist] Mitsubishi VS4571 PIP problem

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:13:32 -0800 (PST)

The problem is new to me. When menu is brought up or pip function is activated
there is a square area that I assume would be the PIP but there is no video in
it and it moves from top to bottom like no vertical sync. If a signal is
injected into an external input it does not change with exchange function. The
picture is normal until the menu is up or PIP is selected.I have recapped the
PIP bd. I have gone over my work with strong magnification. I have checked for
eaten traces and bad feed throughs. If the PIP bd is by- passed the menu is
stable. Has anyone ever had to replace the flatpack I/Cs on this board?
Paul

Paul ,B
                                     Central TV&Video

Grover Beach Ca.