[TechAssist] Mitsubishi VS4551 - Intermittant Dead?

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 01:29:19 -0500

Hello everybody, and Thanks in advance to anybody who has seen these symptoms
on a Mitsubishi VS4551. My first time repairing this specific model.

Cust complained of intermittant dead set. I saw it fail once, looked like the
Tv went black, then saw 3 flat lines (R, G, B)
and Tv always had sound and remote/front panel control. Turn it off for 20-30
minutes and it would then function fine.

I replaced the vertical output , but that didn't fix the problem. After further
questions I also found out that the TV when cold would not start the first
time, but if turned off, then back on it would work, Lo and behold I got it to
show that symptom. When it does that, you hear the power relay click, no HV or
sound at all. 2nd time and it starts....

I've worked on Mitsubishi's a long time , but this is my first VS 4551 with
these symptoms. I'm thinking it may be an intermittant SMPS output, but that
doesn't explain the missing picture with sound symptom, only the dead when cold
symptom. I'm sure somebody has seen this, and thanks for any info you have.

Damon

To unsubscribe write to:
techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.