[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi VS4507R weird vertical problem

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 08:38:51 -0500

Believe it or not, if that Zener D4001 (i think) is off by 0.2 volts it will
cause your problem, also found out it applies to Magnavox sets too. Used a
variable power supply to replace zener voltages on one Tv and I got
shrinkage, then vert bounce/full picture, then non linearity in the center
or 2/3 up from the bottom, etc while adjusting the voltage from 9-11 volts.
This zener can/will cause various symptoms, so if you're at your wits end,
just replace the diode.

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services