[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi VS 5006 repeat vert fail???

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:53:03 -0500

I went back out with a different Vert output (yes the first ones I used were
SK) and unfortunately the same exact voltages were seen with an ECG. I
backtracked on my troubleshooting and discovered my 130 v supply was running
at 75volts, a quick check of the Horiz output indicated it was running hot.
I loaded the power supply and it tested good, the horiz output /caps/diodes
tested good, and about the only thing left was the IHVT. I gotta go back and
test the yokes for possible shorts to the neck of the crts, and pull the
IHVT for a ring test. So at this point, it's either the Yoke(s) or the IHVT
and I have not seen either of these problems in this chassis. Worse yet, if
it is the IHVT, Part # 334P191020 is no longer available, and no substitutes
as far as I know. Will keep you folks updated.