[TechAssist] Mitsubishi TV CS-2578C - Vertical Problem

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:06:50 -0500

Yup, I know it's old.but the customer wants it fixed. So far replaced
shorted Q591 - HOT (ECG2302), C410 (10uf/100v) - value changed <4uf, and
F902 (1.2A fuse). When fired up notice arcing near top of flyback to
ground (flyback bracket), fixed the arcing (I may replace the flyback),
anyway now there is vertical line with missing picture on top of the
screen and a partial image on the bottom half of screen. Vertical
deflection consists of an upper and a lower deflection transistor, not a
vertical IC. I'm not familiar with this chassis at all. What causes this
problem? Capacitors and/or leaky transistors? You older Mitsubishi techs
must have seen this before. Any advice as usual is greatly appreciated.
God Bless America (North and South)

David Lessard

Alexandria Electronics
50 Harrison Street