[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi SR-HD5 HDTV Reciever problem

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:42:50 -0500

Jeff,

We sold a bunch of these and have had a few failures.  Mitsubishi does not
provide field support for these at all.  You have to send it back to them
for repair and they usually just exchange them.  I think they just ship them
back to Hughes and don't really do any repairs on them.  Call the field
support office and get an RA and ask what the repairn rate is.  Last I heard
it was a flat rate for exchange.  You might also bitch and moan and they may
cover it under warranty if they ahve had excessive problems with them.  Mits
is very good about wanting to keep their customers happy.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL