[TechAssist] Mitsubishi QV10 Chassis Rear Projection.

  • From: Tel-Tek <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:41:27 -0400

I guess the Model Number is not worth mentioning, since it's an
Electrohome but just in case it's PROH50, and very similar to VS-5007.

        This set came in with the Vertical O/P (LA7838) blown. Replace it and
all caps, HV came back up..along with sound.

        I have no Video and also no voltage (11.8 volts) on pin 1 of LA7838. I
presume Beam Limiter/Protector has kicked in. Found a few bad caps in
that circuit with C5002 10/50volts just about eaten away.

        Some of the transistor in that circuit are Q503 Q504  Q507  Q508.

        If anyone has wrestled with this circuit, with good results..LMK.

May be just that I'm missing my 12 Volts, but have no idea where it
comes from.

        Also does anyone know how to temporarily defeat this Beam Limiter
circuit.

Thanks..

-Ed-
--