[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi PIP by-pass for CK35MX2 PIP 930B552C

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:29:49 -0500

Yes Paul, I believe it does.  You can actually use a standard polarized cap
with the negative side to pin 11 and values as low as 1uF work very well.

We always look for a leaky cap near the FBT that causes tuning problems in
that series of sets as well.

In later model sets, like the CS##601 you have to reduce the level using a
VR.  I'm not sure of the values yet, If anyone knows what works best I'd
like to know as well.  Mitsubishi will not discuss the matter.

Leon.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World