[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi Mod,CS31MX1

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:56:32 -0400

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

MITSUBISHI   #PIP MOD BYPASS

Bypass method revised and simplified!!!!

Jeff Stielau : 3/4/04 : Shoreline Electronics

Remove the PIP module.

On the bottom of the PC board , on the VP connector

Install a .01uf 50V disc cap from Pin 7 To Pin 9 then install 4.7uf 35V
Electrolytic ;Pos.To Pin 5,Neg. To Pin 11

You can also use 22uf 16V non polarity cap for both..................many
variations in value will work with reason.

Do NOT re-install the PIP module

Some have had luck just inserting the leads into the socket...I would not
trust that fix in the long term...solder them to the bottom of the board.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd