[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi Md# CS35601 Pip Bypass 930B552 012

  • From: Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:11:04 -0800 (PST)

Bill I saved this awhile back. Hope it helps

Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

MITSUBISHI   #PIP BYPASS 3

 Solution to bypass the un-bypassable module 05 Version "930b552005"

 Jeff Stielau : Shoreline Electronics Repair

 Found this one the sci.electronics.repair forum....did not try it yet

but may be a good fix !

 What we've done for this model is to put a 2.7k and 4.7k resistor in

series with the (-) leg of the 47uf cap to ground and tap the junction of the

2 resistors and run that to pin 11.

A simple voltage divider.

Did a lot of experimenting with potentiometers to determine the values

needed.

You could always use a 10k pot to do this and would have something that

is adjustable.

You will need about 1.7v p-p at pin 11 when done instead of around 2.7v

p-p that you get when simply bypassing with that 47uf cap.

William Rayburn <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Hi Guys,
Anyone have a schematic or drawing for the unusual pip bypass procedure for the
above Mits? I know it has something to do with building a voltage divider to
lower pin 11 from 2.7 vpp to 1.7 vpp..
Bill
William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member