[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi CS-40505 arc/snapping... 40" DTV!

  • From: Randall Torda <lectrics284@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:01:12 -1000

Phil,

Had the same problems on three Mitsubishi's.  One I could repair because
I had a replacement socket.
Two had to go to the dump.  Tried silicone on the two that went to the
dump...never worked.   In Hawaii
the humidity is too high and the silicone never hold up and sets came
back.  I assume the himidity in
Florida is the same like Hawaii.  If you take apart the spark gap you'll
probably see all green or carbon
tracks.  The focus pins is too close to each other and silicone jobs
becomes a mess...learned the hard way.
I would try all possible means before it goes to the boneyard.

Autolectrics
Randall Torda
284 Makua Street
Wailuku, HI   96793