[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi, CS35303

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 14:28:52 -0400

Ken,
Here's a tip from a set that uses the same output:
From Tech Repair CD:
MITSUBISHI  \CS35405\Dead.  Blows Horizontal Output Transistor.  Lost Vert
Deflection First\\\\Replaced
Vert. Output Ic (Ta8427k)* It Had A Burn Hole In It. Also Replaced H.O.T.
(2sd2349)* It Was
Shorted.\Replaced Blown B+ Fuse In +130 Volt Line* And Open 1.2 Ohm Resistor In
+27 Volt Source To
Vertical*Also Change C449 100uf 25v Located Behind Ic401 Heatsink\Special
Notes:  Be Sure To Replace The
1.2 Ohm 1/2 Watt Resistor In The +27 Volt Source From The SMPS / Txfmr.* To The
Vert. Ic* Before Turning
Set On.\Evidently There Is A Pulse From The Txfmr.* That Is Feed From The Diode
Side Of This Resistor* As
Feedback To The Regulator Ckt. On This Set.\Without A Good Resistor In Place*
Regulator Will Run Wild* And
Blow H.O.T.  You Would Think You Would Just Get A Horz. Line* With No Vertical
Deflection* But No* It
Will\\\\
Jeff
--