[TechAssist] Mitsubishi CS-27205 chassis YM-0 - Set shuts down.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:03:47 -0600

Hi members,
When I plug this set into AC power, it clicks on for about 2 second and
shuts down.
If I force it to stay on, by grounding the power relay, the B+ to the H.O.T.
reads 124 volts. If I remove the solder from one end of L9X1, and hook up a
150 watt light bulb, the B+ runs at 112 volts. I am working without a
schematic, so I don't know if that is the correct B+ voltage or not.

The horz pulse looks bad, with a lot of ringing in it, all the way back to
the driver transformer. You can even hear it ringing. I am trying to
determine if the IFT is bad,...but,..with all that ringing, I can't expect
it to be driven properly.

The 200 volt source reads about 47 volts, and the 30 volt source reads about
18 volts. I don't hear any high voltage coming in. Also,...most IFTs would
get hot, or smoke, or at least blow the H.O.T under these conditions.
But,...the H.O.T is good, and nothing seems to run hot. I'm afraid to leave
it on too long, so I only force it on long enough to take voltage readings,
and look at the Horz pulse.

I am thinking  it must be a bad e-cap maybe clear back in the power supply
source.
Does anyone have any fixes listed for this model ?

Any help is appreciated,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                             " I forgot,..to remember,..
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           to forget "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx