[TechAssist] Mitsubishi CS2610R, Vertical stretched w/ retrace lines, FIX

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:18:12 -0500

This is really a plug for Tech Repair CD.

I replaced the vertical output IC401/LA7838, all the caps in the vertical
section, and the diode off the flyback.  Some of the caps were high ESR,
but after replacing everything, I still had retrace in the top half of
the pix with movement in the lines.

Found R521, 1.2 ohm, 1/4 watt open, thanks to a tip on Tech Repair CD.

Admittedly, if I had the schematic for this set, it would have been an
easy fix, but I didn't.  I need all the help I can get--like anyone else
I know.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway