[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi 50" Projection TV Mod.VS50607

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 06:13:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Jeff-I'll go do that and get back,Thanks..
Pete

Shoreline Electronics <jstielau@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
First , determine the shutdown error code : The update us.

Don't be shy and too independent!

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

MITSUBISHI VS50607

Dead. Turns On And Immediately Back Off Fault Determination

Dan Mundy, Cet/Csm Vz8

Press & Hold "Input" And "Menu" On Front Panel. 12 No Error, 21 Xray 22
Short Protect, 23 Horizontal Deflection Failure, 24 Vertical Deflection
Failure.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx
========================
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd

Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 10:13 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Mitsubishi 50" Projection TV Mod.VS50607

> Hi Guys -I hate to ask for help:I try to be independent BUT I've worked a
couple of days on this and the customer I'm sure would like it back.so:IC700
is the control uproc and the set energizes then shuts down.I get momentary
HV and Horiz. Sweep and when I key on relay these stay OK.Now examining the
hold-up voltages at pins 46 and 47 of IC700 ,they are wrong .I relieved pin
47 of the problem by lifting pins 1and 7 of the OP-AMP IC502.I cannot get
the DC supply sensing on pin 46 to give me +5VDC[remember the SMPS is going
in Standby].I have lifted D511,D979,D973 and opened the coll. of Q533 and
cannot get pin 46 to give the hold-up voltage of +5VDC.When I pull connector
KB the multipin ribbon between the signal and the defl. Bd ,Pin 47 goes up
to hold-up level.I'm wearying of this task and would appreciate a
hand.Regards,