[TechAssist] Re: Microwaves 101

  • From: "Joel Jacobs" <jj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:33:14 -0400

Thanks guys for your responses.  I checked for chipped paint in the cavity
and didn't find any.  The filter sheet had all manner of nasty food residue
on it so I cleaned it up - looks fine now.  I did not check the door
switches because they are on the primary side of the transformer because I
can't see how they could cause the HV diode on the secondary to short.  I
boiled a couple gallons of water over the afternoon and it's still working
fine so I'm shipping it...
Joel Jacobs
Ohio Consumer Electronics
Pickerington Ohio 43147