[TechAssist] Marantz SR1000 Reciever With STK463

  • From: "techforce" <techforce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:38:44 -0500

Got this older Marantz here which powers up, and Tunes and amplifies, but
Audio Output is Very low. The Volume knob when at maximum only gives out an
average amplitude, and it should be much louder.

I already had to replace a large bad diode in the PS (not the bridge) and
the (2) 6800mfd filter caps for the dual supply on the STK check ok on cap
checker.

Strange thing is when you remove AC power, the audio Amplitude jumps way up
to what it supposed to be, then gradually fades out as the caps discharge.
Not sure if a Bad diode in the Main Bridge could cause this, or does this
sound like a problem with the STK? Both voltages on the STK are close to
equal - 2 volt difference, both the reference pins are same. Also notice the
FM stereo light has no voltage on it when a local FM Stereo Station is tuned
in...maybe this is related somehow? I have the sams for it here somewhere,
but it got lost.

Steve
Technotronic Dimensions, NY (USA)
www.100megspop2.com/techforce