[TechAssist] Manufacturers

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:17:24 -0400

I know this is supposed to be only for tech help but the problems facing our
Service Center are not always Technical in nature. These problems can be
worse than technical, they can cost us all real money. I have decided today
not to trust any customer over the phone on a warranty job that they have
everything needed for our Service Center to get paid, i.e. receipt or proof
of purchase. Again today, we went to a customers house to fix a warranty set
and the customer did not have their receipt or purchase date, although on
the phone they told us their set was under warranty and they had their
receipt. This time I packed my bags and came home. I am still waiting on
other receipts to get paid on other jobs. No more. from now on all customers
will have to provide me with a receipt by fax or carry it in to our shop
before I will even consider the service call under warranty.

The next issue that I hate and it is becoming more of a problem is customers
that are out of labor warranty getting these special concessions
. I have a Sony customer with a 32" Flat Screen with a bad tube. The labor
is out of warranty, but the tube is covered. I quoted the customer the labor
estimate and he approved. After I ordered the $600 plus tube and installed
it and set the unit up, and was ready to deliver it, I was shocked to find
out that the customer is negotiating with Sony to cover the labor. He does
not want to pay me now, and it has been two weeks and Sony can not find the
time to fax me a authorization number so I can file my warranty. I can not
even file my $600 tube warranty until I get that authorization. NO MORE. Are
you listening Manufacturers, I sure hope you have spies monitoring this
list, because I sure can't get you no other way. Electric medic is not doing
anymore concessions unless they pay us up front or the customer pays us and
then the Manufacturer reimburses them.

Perry Bower,  (EHEER) Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Repairer
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com
Free Electronic Screensaver:
http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsYSVGC
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Augusta, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  APEX, Curtis Mathes, Fisher,
GE, KEC/KTV,
Konka, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA,
Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Toshiba, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex