[TechAssist] Re: Make: ZENITH, Model: PV4663MK Blue yoke needed

  • From: Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:32:50 -0800 (PST)

Al, Phil and Jim. What I did was switch the blue and red plug on the

convergence board. If it were the STK?s blue and red should have

changed position. That?s why I suspect a bad blue yoke. Every thing

stayed the same. With plugs in correct position red and green

convergence are perfect. Blue is pulled in on the right side about

1/3 of the screen and bowed also down at the top, tapered down.

Numbers on the Yokes are all the same.

Numbers on the CRT A17739-100-808-03 (170AGB22 (B))

Numbers on the Yoke 4414-01 under that 9511

Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:The ring adjustments (if preset-which I haven't
seen) are about the only
difference on the new "dynamic convergence' sets. The old ones had no
covergence windings on the green, but red and blue were the same.
If you are changing yokes, save yourself the trouble retracing the
harness by marking the color on the appropriate convergence plug.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550