[TechAssist] Re: Magnovox TS3553 C101 (35W503-00AA chassis) question, nee...

  • From: MYERSVCR@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:39:46 EDT

             Update on this repair: replaced horiz drive xsistor, 1uf cap
nearby (C508), changed out R599(see below) the HOT and used 100W bulb test on
flyback primary to insure the drive was working. It was and I turned on the
set.
Now the green LED stays on, the high voltage comes up and shuts down. Cap C511
(which parallels D502 off pin 1 primary of flyback) arced every time i pushed
power button. Removing it, it is blown and bulged. Could replacing this cap
(.013uf, 1600V) be all that i need to be concerned with?(needs ordered)  Or
would anyone suspect the flyback while I'm ordering. i don't have a reliable
ringer right now. Craig

 a message dated 10/3/03 10:53:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Per Force on all of these chassis's this resistor should be changed to
 2.7K 5 watt  for R538 and R599 (some are marked R538)
 Phillip R Hull     STET
 phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 FAX 517--569-3075
 Professional Technicians only