[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox XS2552 C102, chassis 25P613-00AA, blows HOT immediately, need to know value of B+

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:22:36 -0500

Kevin,

First, I don't like NTE or SK replacements, especially for HOT's.  Next,
it is always best to start with the original.  If you don't have the
original, cross it to a generic with equal or better specs.  If you cross
it to an NTE and then try to use a generic that also crosses to the same
NTE is not reliable.  The D1849 is a 7A, 120 wt, w/ damper.  The NTE, is
lower gain and lower power rating (70 wt).  If you must use an NTE, try
an NTE2318.

Still, I am concerned about the HOT shorting immediately.  Check for open
safely caps in the horizontal deflection.  Often, you can see them
cracked and a little carbon burn on them.  This would cause you high
voltage to run way high and take out the HOT.

HTH,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway