[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox TV half screen Black

  • From: Administrator <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:30:32 -0400

   When c432 opens most of the time the pcb on the solder side will turn
dark brown from the heat generated in the circuit. Take a exacto knife or
similar tool and scrape off the dark brown surface between the traces near
c432.  I have had about 5 of these over the past few years and that has
fixed them all . But not after hours of frustration the first time. Let me
know if it works for you.  Jay

J. Knoll  Administration  http://tech-assist.org