[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox TV chassis 27R501 (model TP2782C104) excessive vert ht.

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:03:56 -0400

TP2782C104  R5 Chassis

Vertical Height Centering Adjust

REFER TO "TEST MODE ENTRY" FOR VERTICAL HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT.

Test Mode Entry

1.   The service mode in the  chassis will reflect the customer settings for
such items as: Stereo (On/Off), Cable (Yes/No), and other similar functions.
To achieve the functions desired/not desired, make the selections before
entering the service mode. For example, when performing a Stereo alignment,
turn the Stereo ON bdfore entering the service mode to perform alignment.
Press the following transmitter keys without allowing the on- screen display
to time out between entries.

NOTE:  The transmitter supplied with the set may not perform this task
properly, if the word "MENU" appears on screen at the end of following
sequence, a UR14,T251 or other similar transmitter with channel and volume
separate from the menu keys on it must be acquired.

      0-6-2-5-9-6-MENU

2.   The following is an example of what will be displayed on the screen and
an explanation of the characters.

       GR513 613165-1          E

  |_     03 FEATURE               05  _|

Top Line

GR5B = the Chassis Family

613165-1 = Software Version installed

E = Error codes will be displayed here if a communication error exists (EX.A
= tuner error).

Error Codes:
A = Tuner
B = Memory
C = Remote Locator
D = Automatic Volume Limiter (Smart SoundD)*
E = PIP
* = "D" indicates AVL in the signal processor of Mono Chassis only.  In
Stereo Chassis, a "D" does not indicate failure as AVL is in the Stereo IC.

Bottom Line

 |_   _| = Corner Markers

03 = Current channel

FEATURE = Indicates current register (SEE CHASSIS FEATURE CHART)

05 = Current register value in Hexadecimal format.

By pressing the STATUS/EXIT button on the transmitter the run timer will be
displayed in the upper left corner, also in Hexadecimal.

To select another register, press the menu bottom on the transmitter until
the desired register is displayed, or each register may be accessed directly
by entering the register number.The following is a list of "Default" values
(Default meaning values loaded at the factory).

Num   Reg  Default Value

90 Feature See Chassis Feature Chart
91 Bright 1F
92 Picture 1F
93 Color 1F
94 Tint 1F
95 Sharp 1F
96 OSD 25
97 PIP Color 22
98 PIP Tint  1F
99 Vol Inc 08
80 Horz Cntr  1F
81  Input Level   07
83  W-Band/Spect  10 10
84   Calibration   00
85     Bass         1F
86    Treble        1F
87  Balance  1F
*    WPS/RPS   02 02 * (Press Size Button)
**    PIP X,Y    ** (Press PIP ON/OFF or POS buttons to activate, ^ v or < >
to   change X & Y coordinates of the PIP picture)
***     Vert Hi   Press sleep button on  remote.  Use ^ & v keys to change
over    or underscan.

Note:  DO NOT enter 82.  This is a factory stereo alignment, if register 82
is adjusted a full stereo alignment is required.

Smart Pictureã Register Values:

1. While still in the Service Mode Press the "Smart Pictureã" button.

2.   Press the "Menu" button to step through the following registers:

                         SP               MV                 WS
GM                                                SPORTS           MOVIES
WEAK            VIDEO
                                              SIGNAL           GAMES

Picture            32 1F                12               17
Color               24            1F       12               1E
Sharpness      2B           1F 0C              1D

Note: These are factory values, other values may be used as needed.

To exit the Service Mode depress the Power button on the Television set, the
words "Resetting Memory" will appear at the top of the screen momentarily
before the set shuts off.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager