[TechAssist] Magnavox TV, TP3281 C101, Chassis 32D700, Loses color

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:34:35 -0500

Techs,

This set is causing me to pull out my hair.  May play for two days
perfectly, then goes B&W.  Heating & cooling has no effect.  Flexing the
board also has no effect.  Unplug (Maybe just turn off & back on--didn't
try due to the long period to act up.) and power up--color returns.

Working without a schematic.  Hope someone has seen this before and can
suggest where to go.  Have cleaned the pcb and resoldered everything in
the area.

TIA,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services