[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox TV Model#27M800-7603 shutsdown with red LED still lit

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:46:25 -0500

I've worked with a few of these and found that fixing the shutdown problem
may be as simple as setting the screen control properly. If the set stays on
long enough to get a picture adjust the screen control up to faint retrace
then back it down just enough so the retrace lines go away. Philips advise
has been to replace the flyback but in the few that I have seen that did not
help. They have also advised a resistor change, no help....replace the
micro, no help.......Good Luck.
Jim Myers
Since 1972
Telrad Electronic Services Co.